Landscape Range All Winter Green Blend 5kg
LANDSCAPE RANGE ALL WINTER GREEN BLEND 5KG
Specifically designed to produce a lush, green lawn in the winter months in cooler states of Australia. When temperatures drop, warm season grass goes dormant and appears discoloured. When All Winter Green Lawn Blend is oversown it provides all year round green. A blend of dark green, cool season grasses, All Winter Green Blend is capable of withstanding limited sunlight in cooler conditions and is well suited to shady lawns, or under large trees where it can be difficult to grow warm season grasses.
- For oversowing warm season grass in winter months.
- For where shade impacts the growth of warm season grasses.
- Suitable for Warm Season Instant Turf oversowing
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 36% Creeping Red Fescue
- 23% Hard Fescue
- 21% Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
- 20% Kentucky Bluegrass
- Wetting Agent: This blend contains granular wetting agent to assist in moisture retention
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Low
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawns, Nature Strips, Playgrounds
Pack Sizes: 5kg
- New Sowing: 4-5kg per 100m2,
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range All Winter Green Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
*** Big thanks to Pro in Attwood, Victoria for sharing his All Winter Green/Sun and Shade Blend lawn photos.