HOW TO FERTILISE
FERTILISING NEW LAWNS
A Starter Fertiliser is essential when establishing a new lawn from seed, oversowing your existing lawn or getting your instant turf off to a good start. With a new lawn, apply a Starter Fertiliser at establishment then fertilise again approximately 4- 6 weeks after sowing.
- It has a higher level of Phosphorus gets the roots growing while developing a good root structure.
- The Potassium helps build strength and resistance to disease by building the body of the plant.
- Starter has lower Nitrogen level
View our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser (N:P:K 5:6:6) here. Apply it at a rate of 3kg of fertiliser per 100m2.
"Great Aussie Lawns Fertilisers contain Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium together in the recommended ratio. Your lawn will remain healthy with good colour after use with the ability to fight off pests and diseases."
Use our Landscape Range All Season Reno Fertiliser (N:P:K 22:5:7) for all established lawns.
Established Lawns can be fertilised as follows:
- As a general rule, All Season Reno lasts 4-6 weeks
- Fertilise in early Spring (to encourage growth after a cold winter)
- Fertilise in Mid Summer
- And you can also fertilise twice in Autumn (March and April/May) to prepare for winter.
A regular program of fertilising at least four times a year will ensure your lawn remains healthy. Fertilising at the correct rate will ensure the right amount of nutrition is applied.
Our Landscape Range Gold Pro Fertiliser (N:P:K 22:3:4) is for use when frequent rain or watering strips nutrients through the soil. It will provide a steady release of nitrogen over an extended period.
Some final tips for fertilising:
- Where possible apply your Fertiliser in two directions, dividing your fertiliser to ensure even coverage.
- It’s always best to apply to a dry area then water in well once you have completed the job.
- Feeding in smaller portions (spoon-feeding) is also an option if done regularly, as it will maintain a more even grass growth.
- Use a fertiliser spreader for easy, even application. See our range of Earthway Spreaders here.
Download a full copy of our FREE Step by Step Lawn Guide by clicking here.