Landscape Range Greenland Seed Blend
LANDSCAPE RANGE GREENLAND SEED BLEND
A Premium lawn, blended to provide the optimum in durability and hardiness.
Perennial ryegrass will give you superior wear resistance, whilst Tall Fescue has proven drought tolerance.
This blend provides a lush green all year round plus excellent seasonal growth.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 70% Turf Type Tall Fescue
- 30% Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
- Wetting Agent: Includes granular wetting agent to assist with moisture retention.
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Good, 8- 10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Good
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Good
- Frost Tolerance: Very Good
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Lawns, Playgrounds, Sports Grounds
Bag Sizes: 5, 10, 20 kg bags
- New Sowing: 4-5kg per 100m2,
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 8-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range Greenland Seed Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
*** Big thanks to Gary in Mortlake, Victoria for sharing his Greenland Blend lawn photos.