Rapid Green All Season Couch
Rapid Green All Season Couch Blend - If you are after a fine textured lawn capable of withstanding a dry hot Summer then La Prima Couch, Rye & Fine Fescue now with the addition of wetting agent is perfect for you.
A WARM SEASON blend, La Prima Couch is widely acknowledged as the best drought tolerant grass available. The addition of both Ryegrass & Fine Fescue provides all year growth and colour.
This blend contains granular wetting agent to assist in moisture retention. Wetting agent will assist in the plant’s ability to take up moisture from the soil.
Seed Mixture By Count:
- 24% La Prima Couchgrass
- 12% Fine Fescue
- 64% Turf Type Ryegrass
- +20% by weight – granular wetting agent
Seed is Coated to assist in germination.
- New Sowing: 2-3kg / 100m2
Oversowing: use approx half new sowing rate
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Good to Excellent (at optimum sowing time)
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate to excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance: Excellent
A starter fertiliser is recommended with all new seed sowing. When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser (like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season. Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser.
Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30g per m2)
Help Sheets - Click below to view:
Ideal Sowing Times:
Cooler states of Australia sow from November onwards. In the warmer northern states of Australia sow from around October onwards.
Available in 600g, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bags.
Why are some Lawn Seeds Coated?
- Improved Ballistics: By adding weight, size and smoothness to each seed, the ease of spreading is improved, helping to get a more uniform ground coverage.
- Nutrients for Establishment: The latest coating includes a range of nutrients designed to supply the young seedling until its root system can tap into fertiliser or soil nutrients.
- Seedling Protection: Application of fungicides and insecticides in seed coatings is the most cost effective and accurate method for controlling diseases and pests during seedling establishment.
- Germination Improvements: Recent trials have shown coatings to enhance the speed and strength of germination in some turf species. By holding the moisture close to the seed, the seed is able to get away and establish more quickly.
- Guaranteed Quality: Only the best seed lines are used for seed coating and a further guarantee of quality all seed is germination tested immediately after coating.
Read more about Lawn Seed Coating here.