Rapid Green Budget Blend Lawn Seed
RAPID GREEN BUDGET BLEND
An ideal lawn when quick cover at an economical price is required. Perfect for home lawns, parks & landscapes where hardiness is required.
This blend is dark green in colour and has a great texture. Perennial ryegrass will establish rapidly and gives the turf superior wear resistance.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 50% Perennial Ryegrass
- 40% Annual Ryegrass
- 10% Creeping Red Fescue
- Wetting Agent: This blend contains granular wetting agent to assist in moisture retention
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius.
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Low
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Economical Lawn Surface ***
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawn, Park, Landscape
Bag Sizes: 1, 5, 10, 20 kg
New Sowing: 3 - 4kg per 100m²
Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range Budget Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type:
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
*** Big thanks to Vince in Stawell, Victoria for sharing his Budget Blend lawn photos.