Rapid Green Sun and Shade Blend
RAPID GREEN SUN AND SHADE BLEND
Ideal for under trees or in a reduced sunlight areas, Rapid Green Sun and Shade Blend is specifically designed to produce a lawn capable of withstanding limited sunlight.
A COOL SEASON LAWN, the fine textured varieties are dark green in colour and extremely drought tolerant. The Fescues are the most shade tolerant grass on the market combined with the quick establishing Ryegrass and the dark green colour of the Bluegrass. It’s a clever combination of varieties.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 36% Creeping Red Fescue
- 23% Hard Fescue
- 21% Turf Type Ryegrass
- 20% Kentucky Bluegrass
- Wetting Agent: Contains granular wetting agent to assist with moisture retention
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius.
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Average
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawns, Nature Strips, Playgrounds
Bag Sizes: 500 gm, 5, 10 and 20 kg
- New Sowing: 4-5 kgs per 100m2
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in X days. When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range Sun and Shade Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.