Landscape Range Drought Master Lawn Seed
LANDSCAPE RANGE DROUGHT MASTER LAWN SEED BLEND
Ideal for home lawns, or landscaped areas where drought tolerance is required.
Combines drought tolerant cool season grasses as well as summer hardy couch grass.
Suitable for cool to temperate areas. Can be used in warmer areas for Autumn and Winter sowing.
This blend includes Starter Fertiliser and will provide the required nutrients to enhance strong seedling vigour.
All Landscape Blends contain granular wetting agent to assist in moisture retention and greatly improve water penetration during establishment and assist difficult to wet soils.
A COOL AND WARM SEASON BLEND:
- 40% Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
- 40% Annual Ryegrass
- 20% Bermuda Couch (unhulled)
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius.
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN, SPRING and SUMMER
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Good, 7-12 days
- Drought Tolerance: Very good
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Good
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Good
- Frost Tolerance: Very Good
- Self Repairing Qualities: Very good
Quality Lawn Surface ****
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawn, Landscape, Nature Strip
Bag Sizes: 5, 10 and 20kg
New Sowing: 4 – 5kg/100m²
Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approx half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-12 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range Droughtmaster Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.