Rapid Green Defiant TTT Ryegrass
RAPID GREEN ‘DEFIANT’ TTT
Best in high wear tolerance and a premium looking grass that’s great for backyards! An Elite Ryegrass blend, its spectacular dark green appearance is specifically bred for lawn and turf application. Provides very good winter activity not provided by other grasses.
Great for sports, children's play, pets and high wear areas. With a fine texture and fast establishment it's back in use quicker than other lawn types and cuts cleanly.
Defiant TTT tolerates low mowing and resists insect attack.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 100% Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celcius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Very good
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Backyard, Lawn, Turf,
Bag Sizes: 1, 5, and 10kg
New Sowing: 3-4kg / 100m2
Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approx half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Defiant TTT Perennial Ryegrass lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this product!