Rapid Green Defiant XRE Fescue
RAPID GREEN ‘DEFIANT’ XRE PREMIUM TALL FESCUE BLEND
A premium turf type.
A COOL SEASON grass, it has the ability to produce underground rhizomes which aid in superior recovery and improved tolerance to wear.
Used by Australia’s leading turf growers and tested locally under harsh Australian conditions.
Superior water absorption and wear recovery with excellent drought tolerance.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 100% Turf type Rhizomatous Tall Fescue
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celcius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Fast, 8-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Good
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Medium (4-6mm)
Home Lawns, Nature Strips, Playgrounds
Bag Sizes: 1, 5, 10 and 20kg
- New Sowing: 4-5kg per 100sqm
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 8-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Defiant XRE Tall Fescue Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this product!