Queensland Blue Couch
QUEENSLAND BLUE COUCH
A native warm season grass that has a soft blue-green appearance. It is suitable for tropical Australia and southern Queensland.
Queensland Blue Couch is ideal in coastal conditions and will perform well in high humidity. It does not have a high build up of thatch and is not as hard wearing as other couch grasses.
It is now a most popular species for landscape and garden usage. It has a soft texture with beautiful dark green/bluish leaves. Is a suitable lawn for areas above South-East Queensland, where it does grow naturally.
A WARM SEASON BLEND:
- 100% Queensland Blue Couch
- Coated Seed
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 25 and 30 degrees celsius.
Recommended sowing in SPRING and SUMMER
WARM SEASON GRASS: This variety thrives in warmer months. In some states where temperatures drop significantly it will go into dormancy, where growth is limited and discoloration can occur.
Colour and growth will re-establish when warmer weather returns, however oversowing with a cool season grass can provide all year round colour.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Good (at optimum sowing time)
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Requires full sun
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Excellent
- Frost Tolerance: Moderate
- Self Repairing Qualities: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Sports Fields, Golf Fairways, General Lawn areas
Pack Sizes: 2 and 5kg
- New Sowing: 0.5-1kg / 100m²
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: 0.5kg/100m²
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 10-12 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer. Allow 2 months for establishment before the onset of Autumn in Southern States or before any significantly cooler weather.
Not suitable for Tasmania.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Irrigation is required.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.