Landscape Range Turbocote Kikuyu Lawn Seed
Kikuyu is a popular lawn choice around Australia. It requires minimal care and once it’s germinated and established it will tolerate heavy wear and tear. Kikuyu is a highly drought tolerant grass variety and holds it’s colour well in most situations.
Landscape Range Turbocote Kikuyu Lawn Seed is a WARM SEASON grass that require soil temperatures of 18 + degrees to germinate. The name of this variety is Whittet, which is an improved Kikuyu variety. It has a medium texture, a robust turf density and will establish and persist well on poor soils and those with low fertility. It benefits from a premium coating.
Turbocote is a moisture absorbant coating that adds benefits and weight to the seed.
Seed Mixture By Count:
- 100% Kikuyu Grass Seed
- Available in 1kg, 5kg and 10kg Bags
- New Sowing: 0.5 – 1kg per 100sqm
- Oversowing: use approx half new sowing rate. 0.25 – 0.5kg per 100sqm
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Medium Growth in Establishment. Takes roughly 10-14 days to establish in ideal conditons.
- Drought Tolerance: Extremely Good
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance: Extremely wear tolerant
- Drought tolerant warm season grass
- Vigorous grower and produces quick cover
- Holds colour well in most situations
- Ideal for Low Maintenance Turf Areas
- Excellent for erosion control on hillsides and banks
- Grows well where other grasses won’t
- Suitable for Recreation, Sportsfields and Lawns
- Mowing heights are recommended at 25-50mm.
- Frequent mowing will keep thatch build-up to a reasonable level.
- It is essential for best results to maintain adequate moisture in the seed bed.
To ensure successful germination it is essential to apply a starter fertiliser when sowing your grass seed. Click here to view our Landscape Range Starter Fertiliser.
Apply 2-3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (20–30 g/m2)
Help Sheets - Click below to view:
- Moisture absorbent coating
- Bright coloured coating material
- Increases establishment speed through increased seedling vigor for quicker lawn cover.
- Less opportunity for weed invasion
- Improves plants ability to absorb nutrients from the soil
- Stimulates root growth following stress due to disease, insect, extreme weather and foot traffic
- Improves access of important nutrient and water to the root system
- Strengthens both root and leaf of the plant to assist in guarding against diseases and weather stress.
- Retains important moisture around the young emerging seedling for significant improvement in establishment
- Allows for ease of identification when oversowing
- Promotes a sustainable healthier plant system. Best equipped to maintain a lush lawn.
- Greatly improves recovery of both the root and leaf following
- Better root health, better plant health, means a better lawn.
- Stronger, hardier more robust plant - promoting, vigorous roots and a healthier lawn that is more resistant to stress from heat, drought and foot traffic.
Read more about Lawn Seed Coating here.