Landscape Range Turbocote Kikuyu Lawn Seed
Kikuyu is a popular lawn choice around Australia. It requires minimal care and once it’s germinated and established it will tolerate heavy wear and tear. Kikuyu is a highly drought tolerant grass variety and holds it’s colour well in most situations.
Landscape Range Turbocote Kikuyu Lawn Seed is a WARM SEASON grass that require soil temperatures of 18 + degrees to germinate. The name of this variety is Whittet, which is an improved Kikuyu variety. It has a medium texture, a robust turf density and will establish and persist well on poor soils and those with low fertility. It benefits from a premium coating.
Turbocote is a moisture absorbant coating that adds benefits and weight to the seed.
Seed Mixture By Count:
- 100% Kikuyu Grass Seed
- Available in 1kg, 5kg tubs and 10kg Bags
- New Sowing: 0.5 – 1kg per 100sqm
- Oversowing: use approx half new sowing rate. 0.25 – 0.5kg per 100sqm
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Medium Growth in Establishment. Takes roughly 10-14 days to establish in ideal conditons.
- Drought Tolerance: Extremely Good
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance: Extremely wear tolerant
- Drought tolerant warm season grass
- Vigorous grower and produces quick cover
- Holds colour well in most situations
- Ideal for Low Maintenance Turf Areas
- Excellent for erosion control on hillsides and banks
- Grows well where other grasses won’t
- Suitable for Recreation, Sportsfields and Lawns
- Mowing heights are recommended at 25-50mm.
- Frequent mowing will keep thatch build-up to a reasonable level.
- It is essential for best results to maintain adequate moisture in the seed bed.
A starter fertiliser is recommended with all new seed sowing. When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser (like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season. Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser.
Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30g per m2).
Help Sheets - Click below to view:
- Moisture absorbent coating
- Coloured coating material
- Increases establishment speed through increased seedling vigor for quicker lawn cover.
- Less opportunity for weed invasion
- Improves plants ability to absorb nutrients from the soil
- Stimulates root growth following stress due to disease, insect, extreme weather and foot traffic
- Improves access of important nutrient and water to the root system
- Strengthens both root and leaf of the plant to assist in guarding against diseases and weather stress.
- Retains important moisture around the young emerging seedling for significant improvement in establishment
- Allows for ease of identification when oversowing
- Promotes a sustainable healthier plant system. Best equipped to maintain a lush lawn.
- Greatly improves recovery of both the root and leaf following
- Better root health, better plant health, means a better lawn.
- Stronger, hardier more robust plant - promoting, vigorous roots and a healthier lawn that is more resistant to stress from heat, drought and foot traffic.
Read more about Lawn Seed Coating here.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this product!