Queensland Blue Couch
Queensland Blue Couch is a native warm season grass that has a soft blue-green appearance. It is suitable for tropical Australia and southern Queensland.
A WARM SEASON grass seed, Queensland Blue Couch is ideal in coastal conditions and will perform well in high humidity. It does not have a high build up of thatch and is not as hard wearing as other couch grasses.
It is now a most popular species for landscape and garden usage. It has a soft texture with beautiful dark green/bluish leaves.
Queensland Blue Couch performs well during the warmer months, but can go into dormancy during winter when frost appears.
Is a suitable lawn for areas above South-East Queensland, where it does grow naturally. Not suitable in Tasmania.
*Seed is coated with Turbocote.
Seed Mixture By Count:
100% Queensland Blue Couch.
Available in 2kg and 5kg Bags
New Sowing: 0.5-1kg / 100m²
Help Sheet: How to Calculate Seed Sowing Rate
To ensure successful germination it is essential to apply a starter fertiliser when sowing your grass seed. Click here to view our Landscape Range Starter Fertiliser.
Apply 2-3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (20–30 g/m2)
- Moisture absorbent coating
- Bright coloured coating material
- Increases establishment speed through increased seedling vigor for quicker lawn cover.
- Less opportunity for weed invasion
- Improves plants ability to absorb nutrients from the soil
- Stimulates root growth following stress due to disease, insect, extreme weather and foot traffic
- Improves access of important nutrient and water to the root system
- Strengthens both root and leaf of the plant to assist in guarding against diseases and weather stress.
- Retains important moisture around the young emerging seedling for significant improvement in establishment
- Allows for ease of identification when oversowing
- Promotes a sustainable healthier plant system. Best equipped to maintain a lush lawn.
- Greatly improves recovery of both the root and leaf following
- Better root health, better plant health, means a better lawn.
- Stronger, hardier more robust plant - promoting, vigorous roots and a healthier lawn that is more resistant to stress from heat, drought and foot traffic.
Read more about Lawn Seed Coating here.