Landscape Range Turbocote Couchgrass
LANDSCAPE RANGE TURBOCOTE COUCHGRASS
If you are after a drought resistant lawn capable of withstanding a dry hot Summer then our Landscape Range Turbocote Couch Grass Blend is a great choice.
A WARM SEASON blend of Unhulled and Hulled Bermuda grasses. It will establish quickly in temperatures of 30 Degrees + and produce a relatively course bladed grass with good wear resistance and turf recovery.
A WARM SEASON BLEND:
- 70% Unhulled Bermuda Couchgrass
- 30% Hulled Bermuda Couchgrass
- Coated Seed
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 25 and 30 degrees celsius.
Recommended sowing in SPRING and SUMMER
WARM SEASON GRASS: This variety thrives in warmer months. In some states where temperatures drop significantly it will go into dormancy, where growth is limited and discoloration can occur.
Colour and growth will re-establish when warmer weather returns, however oversowing with a cool season grass can provide all year round colour.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Good (at optimum sowing time)
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Requires full sun
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Excellent
- Frost Tolerance: Moderate
- Self Repairing Qualities: Excellent
Quality Lawn Surface ****
- Medium (4-6mm)
Lawns, Playgrounds, Sports Grounds
Bag Sizes: 1kg tub, 4kg tub and 10kg bag
- New Sowing: 1–2kg / 100m2
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 10-12 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer. Allow 2 months for establishment before the onset of Autumn in Southern States or before any significantly cooler weather.
Not suitable for Tasmania.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Irrigation is required.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.