Landscape Range Turbocote Couchgrass
If you are after a drought resistant lawn capable of withstanding a dry hot Summer then our Landscape Range Turbocote Couchgrass Blend is a great choice.
A WARM SEASON blend of Unhulled and Hulled Bermuda grasses. It will establish quickly in temperatures of 30 Degrees + and produce a relatively course bladed grass with good wear resistance and turf recovery.
Seed Mixture By Count:
70% Unhulled Bermuda Couchgrass
30% Hulled Bermuda Couchgrass
*Seed is coated to assist in germination.
This blend contains granular wetting agent to assist with moisture retention. Wetting agent will assist in the plant’s ability to take up moisture from the soil.
- Excellent winter colour retention
- Fast establishing
- Cold tolerant
- Drought tolerant
- Broad leaf texture with dark green colour
- New Sowing: 1–2kg / 100m2
- Oversowing: use approx half new sowing rate
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Good to Excellent (at optimum sowing time)
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance: Excellent
To ensure successful germination it is essential to apply a starter fertiliser when sowing your grass seed. Click here to view our Landscape Range Starter Fertiliser.
- Apply 2-3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (20–30 g/m2)
Help Sheets - Click below to view:
Ideal Sowing Times:
Cooler states of Australia it is ideal to sow from November to around February. In the warmer northern states of Australia sow from around October to March/April.
Available in 1, 5 and 10kg bags.
- Moisture absorbent coating
- Bright coloured coating material
- Increases establishment speed through increased seedling vigor for quicker lawn cover.
- Less opportunity for weed invasion
- Improves plants ability to absorb nutrients from the soil
- Stimulates root growth following stress due to disease, insect, extreme weather and foot traffic
- Improves access of important nutrient and water to the root system
- Strengthens both root and leaf of the plant to assist in guarding against diseases and weather stress.
- Retains important moisture around the young emerging seedling for significant improvement in establishment
- Allows for ease of identification when oversowing
- Promotes a sustainable healthier plant system. Best equipped to maintain a lush lawn.
- Greatly improves recovery of both the root and leaf following
- Better root health, better plant health, means a better lawn.
- Stronger, hardier more robust plant - promoting, vigorous roots and a healthier lawn that is more resistant to stress from heat, drought and foot traffic.
Read more about Lawn Seed Coating here.