4Turf Double Tetraploid Ryegrass 5kg
4TURF DOUBLE TETRAPLOID PERENNIAL RYEGRASS
A new generation of tetraploid perennial ryegrass varieties, developed to be quick establishing, strong, deep-rooting and tolerant to stress.
It is ideal for home lawns and sports surfaces, particularly in areas with climate extremes like cold winters and hot summers. For example, Tasmania and ACT.
4Turf is better able to withstand a range of stressful conditions, such as drought, cold, disease and wear.
It has high wear resistance so it’s great for families with active kids and animals.
4Turf Double Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass will germinate at lower temperatures (4 degrees compared to 6 degrees which is a normal Perennial Ryegrass).
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 100% Tetraploid Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Moderate
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
Premium Lawn Surface *****
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawn, Sports Surfaces,
Bag Sizes: 5kg
- New Sowing: 4-5kg per 100m2,
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. 4Turf Double Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height