Landscape Range General Purpose Seed Blend
LANDSCAPE RANGE GENERAL PURPOSE SEED BLEND
Ideal for home lawns, parks and landscape where rapid establishment and hardiness are required.
Designed to sustain year round colour, rapid germination and good wear tolerance.
A COOL SEASON BLEND:
- 60% Perennial Ryegrass
- 30% Bentgrass
- 10% Fine Fescue
- Wetting Agent: Contains granular wetting agent to assist with moisture retention
Optimum Sowing Temperature: Between 15 and 25 degrees celsius
Recommended sowing in AUTUMN and SPRING
COOL SEASON grasses are at their best during the spring and autumn periods and will maintain green colour with irrigation in hotter months.
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate (in Ideal Conditions): Very Fast, 7-10 days
- Drought Tolerance: Moderate
- Shade Tolerance: Excellent
- Heat Tolerance: Moderate
- Wear Tolerance/Pet Tolerance: Low
- Frost Tolerance: Excellent
- Quality Rating:
Quality Lawn Surface ****
- Fine (<3mm)
Home Lawn, Park, Landscape
Bag Sizes: 5, 10 and 20kg
- New Sowing: 3 - 4kg per 100m²
- Oversowing Existing Lawn: Use approximately half new sowing rate
Germination Time: In Optimal Conditions you may see germination in 7-10 days. Note: When sowing out of season this can take longer.
*During the first 30 days watering may be necessary 3-4 times a day. Seed should not be allowed to dry out.
All lawns need water in dry periods. Landscape Range General Purpose Seed Blend lawns will need additional irrigation in hot Summer months. Water at least twice a week – more frequently in extreme weather weeks. Handy tip: If you walk on your lawn and it doesn’t spring back – it needs water.
Preferred Soil Type
Optimum Soil Type is Sandy Loam. A good seed bed is the key to a great lawn.
- We recommend KickStart - a Starter Fertiliser to ensure successful germination.
- Apply 3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (30 g/m2)
- Click here to view our Landscape Range KickStart Fertiliser
- When mowing commences switch to a regular maintenance fertiliser like Landscape Range All Season Reno or Landscape Range Gold Pro at least once every season.
First mow: When well established at around 40-50mm height.
*** Big thanks to Ash in Bayswater North, Victoria for sharing her General Purpose Blend lawn photos.