Landscape Range Compadre Zoysia Grass
Zoysia grass is a warm season tropical grass that stands up to heat, drought and heavy wear and tear. This means its active growth starts in early or late spring, depending on location and peaks in the hot summer months.
Compadre Zoysia grass is an improved variety that has good green colour, texture and density.
Ideal choice for commercial landscapes and home lawns.
Best sown in warmer temperate and tropical zones of Australia. Not suitable for Southern Australia.
A WARM SEASON GRASS, sow when night time temperatures are consistently above 18 degrees celcius. Allow 3 months for establishment before the onset of Autumn or any significantly cooler weather.
Seed Mixture by Count:
- 100% Zoysia Grass
- New Lawns: 0.5–1kg per 100m2
- Optimum sowing conditions 25–30 degrees Celcius
- Early spring green-up
- Lower maintenance, use less fertiliser and water
- Faster establishment than sprigs or plugs
Grass Type Characteristics:
- Establishment Rate: Good to Excellent (at optimum sowing time)
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Moderate
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent
- Wear Tolerance: Excellent
- New Turf: 0.5 - 1kg / 100m2
PLEASE NOTE: Western Australian Quarantine has not approved this product so unfortunately we are unable to ship to WA.
To ensure successful germination it is essential to apply a starter fertiliser when sowing your grass seed. Click here to view our Landscape Range Starter Fertiliser.
- Apply 2-3kg of fertiliser per 100sqm (20–30 g/m2)
Once established the lawn (usually two to three months) will require a high analysis fertiliser to continue to thrive (Renovator Plus). For fertilising tips, click here.
Help Sheets - Click below to view:
- Germination 15–20 days under ideal conditions
- First mowing when reaches 5cm in height
Available in 500g tubs, and 2 and 5 kg bags.